Acoustic flooring specialist, InstaCoustic, has developed a high performance underfloor heating system that combines suspended heating panels with its lightweight cradle and batten raised floor system.
This new system provides various benefits compared to a traditional concrete screed, which is no longer needed. It delivers quicker response times, resulting in a more controllable and highly efficient heating method. The system therefore saves energy by delivering low operating water temperatures and the ability to control the heat output quickly as environmental conditions change during the day. Suitable for new build, change of use or refurbishment projects, it restores the basic principle of underfloor heating being an efficient emitter, which has been somewhat lost with continued high mass, high thermal lag installations.
The foil-faced insulation panels, containing the heating pipes, fit between the rubber crumb cradles and are suspended on special acoustic rails. These ensure that the insulation panel and heating pipes are in 100% contact with the floor board to produce highly efficient thermal conductivity.
The C40 adjustable floor system is laser-levelled on site to overcome even the most uneven structural sub-floors. It also offers a variety of finished floor
heights and provides flooring that delivers extremely high levels of acoustic performance for both airborne and impact sound.
Benefits of the System:
● Rubber crumb cradles have a 60 year guarantee
● Fast, easy and cost-effective to install
● Removes the need for concrete screeds
● No concrete drying times or contract delays
● Reduced building weight and lorry movements
● On-site levelling to overcome uneven sub-floors
● High thermal conductivity due to suspended heating panels
● Fast response times for heating
● Greater controllability reducing wasted energy
● Low water operating temperatures saving energy
InstaCoustic provides a complete supply and fit service for the acoustic flooring and underfloor heating system, reducing the number of contractors on site and making installation fast and efficient.