Tyrone Court, a two storey sheltered housing facility in Eastbourne, recently received a major sound insulation upgrade with the installation of InstaCoustic wall and ceiling systems. These were specified by project architects, Faithorn Farrell Timms, based on price, proven performance, service and previous good experience.
- Over 500m2 of InstaCoustic AC90/2FP ceiling system and 430m2 of AS28 were installed throughout 16 flats.
- The AC90/2FP system provides enhanced acoustic performance and is adjustable to variable ceiling depths from 75mm to 1.5m.
- The AS28 system is also adjustable to provide wall levelling capabilities.
- Both systems give excellent acoustic performance, exceeding the requirement of Building Regulations, Part E, achieving 55dB DnTw +Ctr for airborne sound and 53dB Lntw for impact sound.
- Installation was completed rapidly and efficiently, improving living conditions for the elderly residents with the minimum of disruption.
This is the fourth such upgrade we have carried out on similar facilities, all owned by Eastbourne Homes who were pleased with the finished results and the acoustic performance achieved and further contracts are already planned.