Holland Green Place
Main Contractor: MACE
Architects: OMA Architects
Products: InstaGroup C40 Cradle and Batten flooring with underfloor heating
Project Scope: 56 apartments, 11,000m2
Benefits of our acoustic floor with UFH system include:
- Removed the need for concrete screeds: no drying times or contractor delays
- Cradle and batten flooring system saved 12 litres of water per m2 in construction
- Reduced embodied carbon in the building construction
- Integrated design and install results in high thermal conductivity
- Lower water temperatures, faster heating response and more control saves energy
- Delivered a 5dB improvement over the acoustic requirements of Building Regulations
- 60-year guarantee for rubber crumb cradles
Holland Green is a prestigious residential development in West London sited just north of Kensington High Street, adjacent to Holland Park. It’s made up of three impressive buildings grouped around the former Commonwealth Institute, which now houses the iconic Design Museum.
The buildings range from seven to nine storeys and house 56 apartments.
InstaGroup worked with developers Chelsfield to fit all apartments with our high-performing acoustic flooring which included an integral underfloor heating system.
InstaGroup was specified due to the excellent performance of our efficient integrated floor system and our complete supply and fit service. We reduced the number of contractors on site, and effectively sped up the construction programme.
Our adjustable C40 cradle and batten acoustic flooring system was installed and laser-levelled on site, producing a 5dB improvement over the acoustic requirements of Building Regulations.
The underfloor heating’s foil-faced panels contain the heating pipes, and these fit between the floor’s recycled rubber crumb cradles, suspended on specialised acoustic rails.
This integrated design and install ensures 100% contact with the floor board to deliver highly efficient thermal conductivity with more controllability.