South Quay Plaza 1 has 68 floors and is over 214.5m high. It features over 600 apartments in a single tower, making it one of the tallest residential buildings in Western Europe.
Berkeley Homes were already aware of the benefits of a dry installation for flooring versus wet, as InstaGroup’s cradle and batten system was successfully installed at their Saffron Square project. However, South Quay Plaza 1 provided the opportunity to discuss delivering underfloor heating with our flooring as a complete package.
InstaGroup can demonstrate experience and success with providing this complete solution on many other projects. We engaged closely with the designers, architects and client project team to identify how it would decrease risk for the client.
We worked through a traditional competitive tender process, and our previous on-time, on-budget delivery of a complete solution was acknowledged as a key factor in our appointment. Our package was also competitive.
Whilst our complete solution minimised our interaction with other trades, we worked closely with the off-site fabricated utility cupboard, supplying underfloor heating components for fitment prior to delivery to site. We also enabled connection from the underfloor heating within the bathroom pods to our underfloor heating manifold, successfully overcoming different pipe sizes.
Having worked with us previously, Berkeley Homes already knew of the environmental benefits of our cradle and batten system. We were very pleased to inform the client that the installation at South Quay Plaza 1 saved over 11,000 lorry tyres from landfill.
- Our installation teams delivered InstaGroup’s C40 acoustic floor including underfloor heating.
- Over 22 miles of underfloor heating pipework was supplied, installed and tested.
- All work was carried out under our quality initiatives whilst ensuring the highest levels of health and safety.
- Achieved full compliance with the client’s site requirements, quality procedures and construction programme.
- Saved over 11,000 lorry tyres from landfill.
Developer: Berkeley Homes (SEL) Limited
Main Contractor: Berkeley Homes (SEL) Limited
Architects: Foster & Partners
Project Scope: Manufacture, Design and Installation
- InstaGroup C40 Acoustic Cradle and Batten floor system
- Underfloor heating
- Intelligent controls interfaced and controlling UFH and FCUs
- Full UFH commissioning package
- Accredited Hilti Fire Stopping
Find out more about InstaGroup
Acoustic Flooring Systems
For more information about our Acoustic Flooring Systems please fill in your details below and we’ll be in touch: